I am researching learning resources for Management Qualifications and am currently reviewing some sample courses which are available for download from the NEC (National Extension College) website.
I am specifically researching CMI’s (Chartered Management Institute) Level 5 in Management and Leadership and would love to hear from anyone who has used these learning resources (or similar from other providers) to help them obtain this Qualification.
- Unit 5001: Personal development as a manager and leader, 6 credits (Group A)
- Unit 5002: Information based decision making, 7 credits (Group A)
- Unit 5003: Performance management, 9 credits (Group B)
- Unit 5004: Resource management, 7 credits (Group A)
- Unit 5005: Meeting stakeholder and quality needs, 6 credits (Group A)
- Unit 5006: Conducting a management project, 10 credits (Group A)
- Unit 5007: Financial control, 9 credits (Group C)
- Unit 5008: Marketing Planning, 9 credits (Group C)
- Unit 5009: Project Development and control, 6 credits (Group C)
- Unit 5010: Human resource development, 6 credits (Group C)
- Unit 5011: Managing recruitment and selection, 7 credits (Group C)
- Unit 5012: Being a leader, 7 credits (Group B)
- Unit 5013: Leadership practice, 7 credits (Group C)
Here’s what the CMI website says about this qualification:-
Who are these qualifications for?
The Level 5 qualifications in Management and Leadership are designed for practising middle managers who wish to develop their core management skills and practices. These qualifications focus on the personal development of the individual learner’s management capabilities and competencies.
These qualifications are derived from the National Occupational Standards for Management and Leadership and are accredited on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) for England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Flexible qualification structure
The Level 5 qualifications in Management and Leadership offer a highly flexible approach to learning. They allow the freedom and choice to select from the broad range of units available (see Centre Assessment Guidance for more details) allowing employers and individuals to tailor the size and elements of the qualifications to suit their specific needs.
The qualifications follow the new Award, Certificate, Diploma format where:
- Award is a concise qualification aimed at developing basis skills and knowledge at this level
- Certificate builds and broadens on the areas covered in the Award; and
- Diploma develops a comprehensive range of skills and knowledge required at this level.
To achieve a CMI Level 5 Award in Management and Leadership, you need to successfully complete at least one unit to a minimum of 6 credits.
To achieve a CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership you need to successfully complete any combination of units to a minimum of 13 credits.
To achieve a CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership, you need to complete all core units (Group A) and four optional units (one unit from Group B and three from Group C) to a total of at least 62 credits.